Who We Are
We are a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) (not-for-profit) disaster response non-governmental organization (NGO).
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:15‐17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19;
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1‐4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5‐11; Hebrews 1:1‐4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22‐24; I Corinthians 15:3‐4.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. Titus 3:4‐7; Luke 24:46‐47; Ephesians 2:8‐9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. Galatians 5:16‐18; Romans 8:9.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. Revelation 20:11‐15; I Corinthians 15:51‐57.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. Ephesians 1:22‐23; I Corinthians 12:12, 27.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian. Romans 10:9‐15;
Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18‐20; I Peter 3:15.
- We are a Christian organization which strives to be Christ-like in all we do.
- We believe prayer and His presence working through us is necessary as we help those who have suffered traumatic loss.
- We believe that a combination of emotional, physical and spiritual assistance is required in the event of a disaster.
- We place a high value on every person we assist because Christ died for them.
- We seek to dwell in unity for the sake of Christ.
- We believe integrity, trust, and building Christ-like relationships are essential to successful completion of our vision.
- We value transformation in the lives of people we serve.
- We value the spirit of excellence.
- We place a high value on being prepared and helping others prepare.